About Ben Onuorah
As a Fine Artist (painting and drawing), Ben had his art education at the Yaba College of Technology, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and University of Benin, where he graduated with National Diploma (N.D) in General Art, Bachelor's degree (B.A) in Fine and Applied Arts with Education and Master of Fine Art (M.F.A.) in Painting respectively. He started the Osondu, Soul Searcher, and Spirit of Africa series of dazzling artwork with strokes effect. Osondu series are collections of over 100 cultural heritage drawings. These drawings are characterized in symmetric lines to portray different social-cultural phenomena. His drawings are inspired by the rich Igbo African tribe's philosophical ideology such as the Uli and Nsibidi designs.
In most of his artwork, pattern lines are deliberately organized to dazzle and mesmerize the Artist himself and the viewer to instill different motives, also having in them thin and thick lines to show off perpetual and concentric movements.
During each artistic creative process, the artist strives to soothe the complexity of the human mind, enhances thought processes, and magnifies our imagination. With either ink or with pen over paper or acrylic on canvas, he tells individual stories without necessarily planning the outcome that ends up making sense in the whole of life and narratives in other cultures.
Solo and 2-4 persons show
- 2022, Fusion. A virtual reality exhibition, Sioni VR Gallery
- 2022, Rumination. Gallery At The Landmark, Landmark Center, VI, Lagos.
- 2021, Home is Here and There, Artpedia Gallery Lekki, Lagos.
- 2021, Exploration of Pareidolia Phenomenon for Mixed-Media Painting, MFA Final Exhibition, University of Benin, Nigeria
- 2017, Solo Art Exhibition. Towards Visual Strength, (FineArt.com.ng online exhibition)
- 2017, Solo Art Exhibition. Scenes and Places, (FineArt.com.ng online exhibition)
- 2017, Solo Art Exhibition. Lines in between the Motives, (FineArt.com.ng online exhibition)
- 2021 and 2019 Miniature Art Fair Lagos, by Ogirikan Art Gallery, at Mega Plaza Shopping Mall Victoria Island, Lagos.
- 2019 October Rain Art Exhibition, by Society of Nigeria Artists (SNA), Lagos State Chapter.
- 2018 October Rain Art Exhibition, by Society of Nigeria Artists (SNA), Lagos State Chapter.
- 2018 Guide of Nigeria Fine Artist 10th anniversary exhibition
- 2018, Uplifting Spirits, by Arts in Medicine, at Terra culture
- 2018, Ota Art Fair
- 2017, Sublime Conversations, an exhibition at IICD Artist in Residence
- 2017, Group Exhibition. Anastasis, Visual Arts Exhibition, organised by RCCG Olive Tree Parish, Banana Island Lagos.
- 2017, Union Bank at 100 Centenary Art Challenge; one of the best 100 Qualified Artists
- 2017, Artwork qualified for inclusion at the Ake Review (Arts and Book festival) magazine
- University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria - Master of Fine Art (M.F.A.) in Painting (2019-2021)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka - Bachelor's degree( B.A.Ed.) in Fine and Applied Arts with Education (2012-2016)
- Yaba College of Technology - National Diploma (ND) in General Art (2008-2011)
- Lagos State University - PhD in ICT Education (Artificial Intelligence). 2022-Present
- National Open University of Nigeria - Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Educational Technology. 2018-2020
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso -Master in Information Technology (M.Info.Tech.) 2016-2018
- Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja - Higher National Diploma (HND) in Computer Science with distinction. 2012-2015
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu - National Diploma (ND) in Computer Science with distinction. 2008-2011
- 2008: Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- 2011: Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD)
- 2011: Oracle Certified Professional Java Programmer (OCPJP)
Programming Language and Competencies
- NEMS Learning Management System
- NEMS Computer-Based Testing System
- BICL Saving and Loan Software
- BICL Inventory Software
- BICL Medical Software
- Some website development projects
2008 - Current BenOnuorah.com
Responsibilities: Freelance Software Engineer, Fine Artist and EduTech expert
- Design and development of the Learning Management Software
- Development of the Computer Based Testing Software
- Development of the Digital Classroom system
- Teaching Programming and Web Development: HTML and PHP
- Development of Inventory Management System
- Development of Voting Collation System
- Development of Loan and Banking Software
- Development of Small and Medium Business Software
- Web Design and Software Development
- Animation, digital content and Illustration creation
2020- 2021 Utiva
- Programming Faculty Member: Creating programming video lectures and teaching programming classes
2016-2017 Daleware Institute of Technology, Lagos, Nigeria
2015 – 2017 Soft Solutions Ltd, Lagos, Nigeria
Software engineering consultant responsible for:
- Continuous development and maintenance of the existing Human Resources Management System. Modules worked on includes HR, Payroll, Leave and Appraisal Management Modules
- Worked with the front-end UI designer to implement the mobile responsive version of the developed software
2014 - 2015 Timglobal Institute of Technology, Lagos
- Part-time Web Design and Programming instructor
2012 – 2016 360 Businesses Intelligent, Ikeja, Lagos
- Worked with the SATTRAK team to re-engineer, design and develop the Fleets management system for Etisalat Nigeria.
2005-2008 Vizon Computer Institute, Lagos, Nigeria
IT instructor and Web Designer
- Taught computer basic and Microsoft Windows Operating System 98, 2000, XP
- Taught Microsoft Office Packages; MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Access
- Taught desktop publishing using Corel draw and Adobe PageMaker
2004-2005 Codespro Solution Ltd. (Formally HS System), Lagos, Nigeria
Graphic Designer and Programmer
- Conceptualization of Design using sketches
- Using Macromedia (now Adobe) Fireworks to Design graphics, such as logo and web banner
- First programing experience using BASIC programming language, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 then later web programming